My Feminine Solution to the NFL's Adrian Peterson Public Relations Disaster

I've given the NFL situation some thought, and I'd like to offer a solid, well-anchored suggestion.  This is of course, if they genuinely wish to avoid the kinds of public relations disasters they now find themselves mired in. (Rumor has it that Adrian Peterson may be the tip of the iceberg.  But  that may be idle gossip).

My solution is both simple and inexpensive. I would assume that the NFL employs some screening process for its players aside from sheer aggression and brawn.  If that is indeed the case, then let me add one additional criterion to whatever athletic ones they already have in place. Count the babies and the mamas. So-called football stars having babies with five and ten different mothers is repugnant.  I understand that attitudes about marriage have changed over the years.  But any young man, too befuddled by the instructions on a condom packet, that he produces babies with more than one mama should be disqualified, pure and simple.  I may sound puritanical.  But I'm not that at all.  What I am, is sickened to the core by the thuggish, plantation-stud culture that the NFL seems to be cultivating.  And the notion that these young men are presented as role models for America's youth brings tears to my eyes.  Is this what 365,000 young Union soldiers lost their lives in the Civil War for? The only real difference between this plantation culture and the previous one is that the white bosses give these muscular, hard-working field hands better living quarters for 10 years. 

If you've never seen the civil war movie, Glory, before, starring Denzel Washington, Matthew Broderick and Morgan Freeman, maybe now is the time. It is sometimes good to be reminded of where we came from to help us re-chart our future.  




RELATED POST:  Adrian Peterson's Winning Record: 2 Abused Sons & 1 Dead in Less Than a Year

Comments